water in some hot taps but not all???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help.
I have a vaillant turbomax 837E. Worked fine until a day or so ago. I have hot water in the kitchen tap and the bathroom basin taps but the bathroom bath tap is just trickling and it's the same on the bath and basin taps in the en-suite.
I initially thoughtt that there may be a problem with the main bath tap (a washer or something) but with the en-suite taps not working I think it would be too much of a coincidence.

When I open the bath tap and check the status code it says s.30 which I understand means that there is nothing calling for heat.

Before I start taking the taps of has anyone come across this before? I refilled the pressure on Sunday and my partner said that she noticed that the pressure in the bath tap had gone down that evening.

I think that it might be an airlock but have tried to clear it by opening the main hot water tap and then at the ensuite bath mixer tap, putting my hand over the spout opening the hot tap and then the cold and pushing it through that way. I hear gurgling and water does come out of the tap but it's still just a trickle. I don't understand how there is water at the basin hot tap and nowhere else????

Sponsored Links
Hi
It sounds like you have blocked pipe run. My guess would be a limescale blockage. Do you have limescale prevention treating the incoming water to the boiler and is it working as it should?

HTH

I don't, there wasn't any fitted. Everything else is working okay. As I said the bathroom hot water and the kitchen hot water is working fine. I tried the heating earlier and that's okay too. I guess I'll have to trace the pipes tomorrow to see if I can see where the blockage is.

Sponsored Links
Hi
It sounds like you have blocked pipe run. My guess would be a limescale blockage. Do you have limescale prevention treating the incoming water to the boiler and is it working as it should?

HTH

Is there anyway of unblocking the pipes without having to take up the flooring. i.e. pushing limescale remover through the pipe?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back