Water ingress through render?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm having dampness issues at my mums house, the rear of the house is south facing and very exposed to the elements, with just fields behind the house (we are in Scotland). It's been a problem for a while, and gets worse when the heavy rain is battering against that wall of the house.

The internal wall is wet and the paint is flaking, the main problem areas are below the large window you can see on the ground floor, just to the left and right hand side. There is also a small damp patch just behind the air brick near the top of the back door. Some water is also coming in just above the small window on the ground floor and landing on the window ledge. It should be noted the windows are old and probably needing replaced sometime in the not too distant future.

Although I can see the render is cracked in some places, it doesn't seem to be cracked in the damp areas. It's probably also worth pointing out that the downpipe runs inside the wall, not sure if this could be causing an issue?
I have sealed up all the cracks on the ground floor with silicone, but this hasn't helped. We are not concerned about the cosmetics of the back of the house, we just want it water tight. Photos are attached below. Hopefully someone can shed some light?

Thanks in advance,
David

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back