water is entering the cistern from the vent pipe

cga

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My problem is that the water is entering the cistern from the vent pipe (crooked pipe bent over the cistern

Where can I find the cylinder stat to replace it?

I assume the cylinder stat is the one mounted against the outer wall in the hall, is that correct?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I assume the cylinder stat is the one mounted against the outer wall in the hall, is that correct?

no cylinder stat if you have one is strapped to the side of the cylinder.
you sure its the hw cylinder thats venting ? not the heating in to the f/e tank.

Sponsored Links
Ok this is what I have done

I go to the attic and somebody in the house switched off the heater, then I can see the water falling through the crooked pipe bent over the cistern (small black square tank), the water is hot, it depends how long the heater has been on

Then the water start falling out in my back garden throug the pipe coming out the ceiling

Central Heating is pumping over. Try turning the cold water off bailing the water out the small tank, bend the ball cock so that when it refills it only has 3 inchs of water in it, the pipe going over the tank needs to be 18inchs above water level. just a start tho

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back