water leaking into fiesta

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an R reg fiesta 1.2zetec and a t reg fiesta courier van. I seem to have the same fault on them both, where there is water getting into the passenger footwell. The water is coming from behind the dash board somewhere, I don't think it is from the windscreen seal. The van is quite bad as after heavy rain there is an inch of water in the footwell. As this is happening to both the fiestas, I was wondering if it is a common fault and/or easy to repair?

Sponsored Links
yes it is common, try checking the door seals and there is also a drain pipe somewhere near there, that could be blocked or damaged in some way

Try opening the bonnet and see on the bulkhead theres a rubber drain pipe, these tend to block causing water to leak into the vehicle,mainly block with leaves etc.jim.

Sponsored Links
again as per other threads, do you have aircon ? do you use it ? if so its most likely yo be the drainage tube has moved and is facing the wrong way and draining the fluid into the cabin, just need turning back into the right direction

Back