Wet Ford Fiesta

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:(
My R plate Ford Fiesta has suddenly started to take water in on the floorpan on the driver's side only. It happens when the car is parked & only affects the driver's side. I assume it must be coming in from in front of the windscreen but can't see if anything's blocked to make this happen.
Any ideas????????????? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Could be the sun roof, when it is removed you will find there is a drain hole and pipe at each corner. The front ones lead down under the front wheel arch, behind the plastic cover. Dirt builds up until the bottom of pipe is blocked and the water may have to go through a different pipe, but a lot depends if the car is parked on a slight angle, water can build up in the channel around the sun roof and the pressure of the wind is enough to send some over the edge. Clean the pipes with 2 metre of curtain wire and using funnel and plastic pipe test make sure water can drain away.
On the other hand it could be the door seals or it could be the bulkhead between engine compartment and cabin, You may find rubber grommits loose/missing where wires pass through or poor sealing.
Tracing the source of a leak is one of the most difficult tasks, even the dealers often fail to cure them
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:D
Yes I think the sunroof's interesting. I'll rod the drains through as you suggest. The car's parked level under trees & because it gets wet when it's stationary I tend not to think it's seals, gromits etc. thanks a lot!.................

Sponsored Links
Back