ford fiesta finesse only blowing cold air

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
why is my ford fiesta finesse only blowing cold air from heater?

The other evening I put the heater on to find it is only blowing cold air. What has happened and can you help me put it right please? My car is a w reg (2000) fiesta finesse. The pipes in the engine are hot but the heat is not entering the car

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the heater control valve has gone, a quick google should return plenty of results, replacements are about 30 quid on ebay.

what is a heater control valve and where can I find it. is it worth replacing the thermostat first just to make sure?

I've had the same problem at least 20 times,if youve got hot water in your heater pipes its got to be the valve .Its located on the bulkhead just follow the heater pipes from the engine towards the windscreen,you will see a small black plastic unit,with heater pipes entering and exitting it.Its a sinch to change an not expensive.you wont need a mechanic to change it but please ensure the engine is cold when you do it. The pipes are only held on with clips easily removed with pliers and i think the unit only pushes on the bulkhead.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help.
Was the heater control valve £46 from Ford. Easy to fit, took 15 mins. Cheers ;)

Back