Water leaking out of waste under bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Someone please help!
Used some plug blocker than foamed heavily back up the plug hole one I used it. I don’t have a bath panel at the moment & saw half the unblocker leak out under the bath. When I took a closer look, it looks like the seal/washer (I have no idea) is ruined like the unblocker stuff wedged something . I have tighten my plug hole & it’s not leaking water any more, but can anyone tell me by looking at the pics that I need to get a new waste and overflow???
Please help
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Take your pictures to plumbers merchants. Get some decent silicon and a replacement.
Then strip old If you still have a block. Get a water vacuum and suck out before putting putting back together
in parrot fashion put back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably worth taking apart and re sealing ,but if it's not leaking after you tightened it up ,you could just monitor it for a while and see how it goes.

Sponsored Links
If you've tightened it up and it's no longer leaking then nothing else needs done apart from keep an eye on it. If you have access at the moment, you may want to take the trap off and clean that out but flush the trap with water first and wear hand and eye protection if you've recent used acid unblocker.

Thanks for all your replies, I’m not anywhere near a decent diy lady is this something a family member could do for me or does it have to be a plumber?
Also update it’s is very slow drip leak still happening so I think it’s all needs replacing and redone

The way to do it is to place a shallow tray/dish underneath the fitting to catch the water in the trap.
Undo the white collar and gently pull it down away from the black section.
Turn the white pipe sideways until any trapped water runs into the tray/dish. You will probably have to loosen the collar on the other side which is out of sight in the picture. This will also allow you to remove the bend section and clean it out if necessary.
To remove the black section simply undo the screw in the top picture and pull the black section away.
When replacing it all just do the reverse, however, I always smear a thin bead of silicone mastic under the rubber washer under the silver plate and another on top of the lower rubber washer which sits on top of the black section.
If you can't do it yourself then any competent person should find it easy enough to do.
Plumbers will charge you to do it.

The way to do it is to place a shallow tray/dish underneath the fitting to catch the water in the trap.
Undo the white collar and gently pull it down away from the black section.
Turn the white pipe sideways until any trapped water runs into the tray/dish. You will probably have to loosen the collar on the other side which is out of sight in the picture. This will also allow you to remove the bend section and clean it out if necessary.
To remove the black section simply undo the screw in the top picture and pull the black section away.
When replacing it all just do the reverse, however, I always smear a thin bead of silicone mastic under the rubber washer under the silver plate and another on top of the lower rubber washer which sits on top of the black section.
If you can't do it yourself then any competent person should find it easy enough to do.
Plumbers will charge you to do it.

this is brilliant thankyou!
I undid the screw from 1st pic and the black & white part dropped down & the orangy rubber bit at the top just stayed stuck soo got a family member who is far better than me to come and fit a new one thanks again!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back