Water leaks from heat exchanger connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Trianco Eurostar oil fired combi boiler and have to replace the washers on all four of the water connections at the heat exchanger nearly every year as they appear to just disintegrate away. Are there any special washers available to replace these as the ones used are the common red coloured fibre type.
Many thanks as I look forward to your advise

Sponsored Links
When fitting these unions to new boilers I normally use PTFE tape which does the job.

If your not happy about that you could use Loctite pipe sealer, I think its in the Screwfix Cat.

When fitting these unions to new boilers I normally use PTFE tape which does the job.

If your not happy about that you could use Loctite pipe sealer, I think its in the Screwfix Cat.

Thanks greyback on your advise, although i cant see how you would be involved with these heat exchanger connections / unions when your fitting a new boiler.
These connections are only disturbed when actually repairing the joints, the pipe ends are flared to create a "butt" joint and this is where the flat fibre washer is placed followed by retaining nut.
Many thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back