Water main Leaking!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think I know the answer to this but hey ho , If you have a leak on your water main between the stoptap in the road and the one inside your hous e whose responsibility is it. It may be a shared main as well. Also If I had to put in a new main to bypass the problem as the previous owners built an extension over where the main runs who is reponsible for reconnecting next doors main if it turns out we do share the same main?????

Sponsored Links
Officially it's your problem but as your in Cheshire & your water supplier is United Utilities they will repair a leak within your boundary FOC. Ring them up & get an inspector out.

I rang united utilities and they will do one leak per year. I have now dug down and found the water mair is 15mm copper, every time i replace a section another leak appers a bit further along , i have now replaced about 5 foot and i can see a leak at each end a bit further along I can see me replacing the whole lot , I am just suprised to find it in copper and not lead though :?: :?: :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
If the pipe is that bad then replacement is the only option, the reason it is in such bad condition is probably because the ground is very acidic, it could even be that the ground is made up with ashes from old coal fired power stations, if that's the case then you have no option, you will have to renew with mdpe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back