Water mark on mattress

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone suggest how to dry a mattress which had a full hot water bottle burst last night (honestly).
It was about a litre of water maybe 1.5 , the mattress is 7ft x 7ft x approx 10ins deep and weighs a ton, so unable to move it very far. It has also left a water mark which I am not too bothered about, but I don't want the mattress to go mouldy. Any ideas?

Many thanks in anticipation
Ray

Sponsored Links
Turn on side and open windows, aim a fan heater at it at a distance that just warms it.Gently.

Sponsored Links
Can anyone suggest how to dry a mattress which had a full hot water bottle burst last night (honestly).
It was about a litre of water maybe 1.5 , the mattress is 7ft x 7ft x approx 10ins deep and weighs a ton, so unable to move it very far. It has also left a water mark which I am not too bothered about, but I don't want the mattress to go mouldy. Any ideas?

Many thanks in anticipation
Ray
LOL water sport?
I saw this steamer on one of the late night/early morning shopping channel and the woman was using it to clean the matress and the pillow she said it was the ideal thing for that, I think it was her kiddy's matress so it looks like the steam will dry it out as well as blast the dirt from it. as a matter a fact they were using the steamer to clean anything they could find. windows,curtains, mouldy dinner suit carpet you name it they had an attachment for it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back