Water not going from wash tub to drum in Servis 1100

R

Raponchi

I own a Servis 1100 washing machine and today I tried to do a washing but the water started overflowing the wash tub and not entering the drum. Therefore my kitchen ended up flooded with water. I think it due to the pipe connecting the wash tub with the drum being blocked. Is it there a way of myself fixing it without calling customer support?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The water enters your washing machine from the back, through the fill valves and then via the washing powder drawer into the drum. If you use powder in the drawer rather than a liquid it is possible that the pipe from the drawer to the drum is blocked.

Don't know what a Servis machine looks like but you normally gain access to everything by removing the top. If you are going to do this SWITCH THE POWER OFF FIRST. Then look for the screws securing the top (they may be at the back of the machine). Once off you can have a look at the dispenser drawer and the associated pipework. I would suggest trying to pour water into the drawer and seeing where it goes. If it doesn't drain into the drum you should be able to work out where the blockage is.

If you have to start taking things apart make a note of where everything goes as you do it. This should avoid the embarrassing problem of not knowing how it goes back together.

I would suggest you take the drawer out firrs, some have a "flap" it may be yours is stuck.

the soap drawer to tub pipe is often 3 inches in diameter, so its doubtfull if it is blocked

Sponsored Links
Breezer. I have had lots of blockages in the inlet pipes of WASHER DRIERS in the past thats because they are "u" tubes that retain a little water to stop the drier air from escaping up the inlet pipe. Use of too much "own brand" powders coupled with low pressure water is usually the cause. I have had it so bad that I have had to remove the pipe and hit it with a large hammer to break up the blockage.... No Joke... really a BIG hammer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back