Water only hot when heating is on!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Had a Worcester 24CDi fitted recently to a 3 bed semi (with electric shower so no huge demands on hot water needed). The central heating runs just fine but the hot water only runs hot properly if the heating is on. If I run a hot water tap when the heating isn't on, although the boiler switches on and the lights indicate it's heating hot water, the output is only luke-warm even with the temperature controls set to maximum.

Sponsored Links
when u turn the tap on does the flow pipe below the boiler, going to the heating, get warm? if so probably the diverter valve

shaneo said:
when u turn the tap on does the flow pipe below the boiler, going to the heating, get warm? if so probably the diverter valve

Just tried it! All the pipes are cold except for the hot water flow (2nd pipe in from the left) which is luke warm.

Sponsored Links
I have a 24cdi, and had the same problem. My trouble was that it was the diaphram that had gone. Mine was 5 years old though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back