Water pipes running behind an oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to get a kitchen built and put in but I live in Mongolia and am not confident that the proposal that our builders have given us is sound... I could really do with some advice as there is no one locally I can ask.

The plan is to run water pipes along the length of the room, including behind an electric oven. At the moment there is no real space allowed and the waste pipe would run pretty much flush against the back of the oven. I am worried this could create a health and safety problem?

We could run the pipes below the over because there will be a small space underneath it, but that would mean that the pipe would have a good fall from the sink to the back of the oven but then would have to travel back up to where it leaves the room. I'm worried this would create a problem with waste water drainage?

If anyone could advise I would hugely appreciate it. We have a little baby on the way and I want to do the right thing.

Many thanks,

Adrienne

Sponsored Links
Would be nice but not feasible. Got to go where the opportunities are.

Is that inner or outer :)

Need to understand if the back of the oven get hot, if so then a plastic pipe up against that is not a good idea. Could look at a piece of metal pipe just for the part that it touches the oven, if it does get hot.
I would not recommend a fall and then rise of a waste pipe. For correct drainage you need to keep a constant fall on the waste pipe. So I wouldn't suggest going under is a good idea.

Sponsored Links
Outer oven will get hot enough to soften plastic, no point in sleeving in metal as the metal will get to the cooker temp

Thanks all.

So a) the back of an oven does get hot and b) and drop and then incline will cause problems.

We're back to the kitchen design drawing board...

Thank you!

A

Outer oven will get hot enough to soften plastic, no point in sleeving in metal as the metal will get to the cooker temp
wasn't talking about sleeving, could use a 40mm piece of steel, ally or copper piping just for the bit of the run behind the cooker.

Adrienne, yes, the drop and incline is a no no but putting a piece of 40mm metal pipe for the distance behind the cooker then back into plastic would work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back