water pressure calculating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone tell me how do I calculate the water flow or water pressure in a 3/4 inch garden water tap. Need to be measured in litre
message from
Paul in Australia
[email protected]

Sponsored Links
This may sound daft but its simple and it works.

Get a 1 litre container, turn the tap on full blast, fill the container and time it.
so for the sake of argument it takes 2 seconds to fill the container that is 3600 (seconds per hour) divided by 2 (in this case) = 1800 litres per hour.

Thank you for your post
I need to know how to calculate the kpa for a tap timer
I should have been more precise in my first post
the tap timer will handle 600 kPa
thanking you from Paul in Aust.

I did a search for KPa and i found the following
KPa Korean Pig assosiation (unlikely)
Korean peoples Army (unliklely)
Kilopascal (maybe, 2 differnt sites said this))

Obviously it is to do with your water requirement, but could you put it into perspective ? so I can have more of an idea as to what the correct one is.

Sponsored Links
KPascal (or Kilo Pascal) is a unit of pressure. 7 Kp is about 1lb per square inch. So, your 600Kp is about 90lbs per square inch. Its a hell of a long time since College, but I'm sure that's right. This probably doesn't help, but at least you know what one is. Any use?

[Edited by Rolyan on 29-12-2002 at 21:01 PM GMT]

Thank you for your post I was so desperate to find out how much water pressure there was in the garden taps as I have just bought two of those batery operated timers it has a max pressure alowable of 600 kPa the other one I bought has a min of 20 psi to operate
I have just borowed a meter from the local irrigation shop I have 320 kPa and 280 kPa when two taps are running.
Thank you all for your help at least I know the relationship of kPa and psi

:paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back