Best Heating set up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
for a 2 bed flat with a shower with a large head (8" diameter). I need high volume of hot & cold water at a good pressure.

I'm thinking of a 150 litre HW cylinder, potterton boiler and installing a new 22mm water main from the valve in the front garden.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Remember the cold feed coming from the cold storage tank to the shower for equal pressure.If you're using water main then you will have to use equal pressure valve as it's higher pressure than the hot feed.

If you use a thermal store type cylinder, this runs at mains water pressure and so solves the problem of unequal pressures. It also give you an endless supply of hot water if used correctly. Another advantage is that when the central heating comes on, the radiators heat up very quickly.
:D
The down side of all this is the cost of the cylinder....around 700 quid!! :cry:

Sponsored Links
The problems with these thermal store type, the system is often crammed into airing cupboard so its impossible to get to the problem.I'm afraid most plumbers don't understand how the system work so they often mis-diagnose the problems.If you are thinking having one of these make sure you can get reputable company who will look after the system and a backup warranty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back