water pressure gauge noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
LONG STORY SHORT
Had new heating system and oil feed Worcester Bosch greenstar heatslave boiler ( boiler installed outside back of house) in ireland
Problem is in the mornings when heating has not been preset to come on and i turn the tap on (either in kitchen or bathroom) the water pressure dial vibrates violently with a loud humming sound
Now if the heating is preset to come on say the next day the vibrating and humming dosent occur
Also after turning on the water for a while or turning the taps on and off for a while the vibrating and humming eventually stops
The water pressure has been set to 3 and sometimes it goes down to 2.5 after use
the dial in the boiler is at just over 2( whatever that is) and the other dials are as seen in the uploaded pics
If any of you guys or gals have any more questions to ask orcould give me some advice i would be very grateful

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have very high water pressure in the area and perhaps a pressure reducing valve.

Fit an small expansion vessel to the cold main in the house set at about 2 bar should sort it out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back