Water pressure problems

SB1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm after some advice....

I have recently moved in to a leasehold property, on the 7th floor, and am experiencing problems with the water pressure. I have recently had a new central heating system installed (combi boiler), and new pipes run around the flat - so we can rule out internal issues within the property.

It turns out that everyone else on my floor (which incidentally is the top floor) also have issues with their water pressure, and they have told me that during peak hours (e.g. 7-9am) they are not able to use the shower/bath. I find it quite odd that they seem to be OK with this??!!

I have read up on the legal obligations of water companies to provide a minimum pressure to the building (which I'm sure they do), but I can't find any advice anywhere as to the legal obligations of the management company who own the lease.

I have tried calling the Consumer Council for Water, OFWAT, the local council.....but nobody knows the answer. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue in a leasehold property, and were they able to resolve it?? I really don't want to have to go down the water pump route. I do realise that I can expect the pressure to be low (due to the height of the flat), but at times it's well below 1 bar - which is not adequate!!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Stuart

Sponsored Links
Did the installer find out what the pressure/flow rate at peak times was?
If all you need is a shower before going to work then you could fit an accumulator if you have the room.

Doesn't a building of 7 floors have a break tank/pumpset to get water up to the top floor anyway?

Maybe the landlord's pumpset doesn't work?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back