Water proofing concrete blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

I'm building a concrete block retaining wall using 140mm x 215mm x 440mm blocks (see model below). The plan is to render the blocks however the return highlighted on the left hand side of the image runs by the boundary fence. I haven't drawn the fence in the model which is why you cant see it. The problem I have is that access to the outer face of these blocks is going to be limited once the wall is built (60mm ish) so I don't think I will be able to render it. Is there another way to provide some waterproofing bearing in mind that in between that wall and the fence will be backfilled with soil.

Any suggestions recommendations appreciated.

Cheers,

Ed
1654707060224.png

Sponsored Links
Remove the fence panel to render, then put it back? 6 blocks, that's about 1 panel?

Yes, that would have been the easiest thing but I would also have to dig out a lot of earth from next door to get access which I want to avoid. I might be able to slap some render on it, it doesn't have to be pretty as no one is going to see it. Just thought there might be something I could paint on. What about about plastic sheeting?

E

Sponsored Links
That is a good point @Godwasaplasterer. Does it need water proofing? I am building a small retaining wall with a cross section as shown in the diagram below. What is the best thing to do with the earth side of the wall? Render? Bitumen? or leave it? or something else?

I was also planning to put a DPC but maybe that is not required.
1655829126929.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back