Water rushes to radiators when toilet is refilling

please do as if the heating was connected to the hot or cold there's no way the pressure would be stable, most strange

Sponsored Links
maybe the pipe to toilet is touching radiator pipe, passing noise to rad pipe where you can hear or feel? :idea:

Sponsored Links
This "dead leg" concept is interesting. How would I find that out, I assume I just follow the pipes to see where they lead. The problem is I don't know what it is supposed to look like.

The fill pipe for the toilet does touch another pipes but I can actually hear the rushing of water through the pipe to the radiator.

The resolution was:

When they did the install, they moved the fill pipe for the toilet and left it touching against the return for the radiator(this explains why it didn't happen with my old system). So the noise from the toilet refilling was travelling directly to my radiator.

Most strange as it did really sound like my radiator was filling up with water.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice and well done to those who got it right!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back