Water Softener installation problem

Hi. We do not have any storage tanks. It is mains fed throughout and hot water via combi boiler.

Hi again.

I believe there is a branch in the mains service pipe, before the stop cock as you say. When I shut the main stop cock I don't get running water anywhere apart from the kitchen which is at the back of the ground floor. There is a further stopcock situated under the breakfast bar which stops the supply to the kitchen.

It seems that I have options:-

A third quite radical solution just came to mind. What if I was to install one softener under the kitchen sink as previously envisaged and a further softener upstairs to service the rest of the property? Has anyone ever done this or does it seem a step too far?
Your filter is AFAIK also a water conditioner which will allow you to have a scale free kettle :idea: SO if you haven`t a problem with carrying the bags of salt upstairs to the softener - go for the one you have upstairs - And trust the filter/water conditioner to work on the sink

What about the hot water at the kitchen sink? I believe this would be hard and would therefore cause the same problems ie limescale etc. Or can this also be filtered?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back