Water softeners question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know this subject has been briefly touched on before but this is a direct question with regard to recommendations from a Ideal Boilers regarding one of the Units.

Being in Kent we have one of the hardest waters in the country, During the renovation of my house i thought I be clever and look into installing a water softener where the mains comes in and send one un softened pipe to the kitchen, I thought that this would be better for the boiler (heat exchangers drop like flies around here through being scaled up).

I'm still looking for the perfect boiler and softener etc.. But like the sound of the Ideal Istor boiler (see other post) but Ideal say that "YOU MUST NOT USE SOFTENED WATER IN IT"

They say a scale inhibitor only must be used. The magnetic ones don't seem to have any affect around here, and the scale master pluggy in things wit wrap the wire round the pipes and flashy LEDs don't work either so I'm wondering what will work and protect my investment in a very expensive boiler.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you seen this one? www.scalewatcher.co.uk

They have proven 98% success rate and money back guarantee.

Having said that, I would've thought a good inhibitor & descaler will look after your heat exchanger, plumber on here will be more experience than me

Don't buy an Ideal boiler get one with a stainless steel heat exchanger or don't Buy a Combi.

You shouln't ever fill a heating system with softened water anyway so concentrate on the domestic side.

Aluminimum is a No go area if you want nice soft water at the taps.

Scale inhibitor-load of balls :eek: .Silphos balls in a dosing unit :?:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back