water softner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have now decided to fit water softner - cany anyone recommend a good model or advise what we should be looking for. Any ideas on installation cost and running cost appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Think you may find ones with auto. regeneration (salt use) are better. Local plumb. merchants should help. Cost...? Ashford`s the new London, so I`m told. Checkout plumbers who are members of the institute of plumb.+htg. engineers...usually have a block listing in Yellow pgs.

I installed a refurbished(new resin & seals) Kinetico 5 years ago, complete with drinking water tap. Works fine, all I do is put salt in it. I was told it should be good for 10 years before it may need new seals etc. It was less than half the price of a new one. Works on metered volume rather than a timer i.e. non-electric. Salt costs me £5.50/25kg bag(I buy 10 at a time). Usage approx 25 bags a year. I have a wife and six kids at home so we are heavy users. Local water has ~350ppm calcium which softens to 700ppm sodium so not advisable to drink it softened on a regular basis. Saved a fortune on electric showers etc.(never had to clean the head in 5 years) Well worth the investment. A friend of mine without a softener just spent a week unblocking his hot water tank & pipework after his hot taps completely dried up! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back