water tank lids

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
there seems to be loads of posts with people missing water tank lids. loads of replies to the effect of go get one. question i have is.. where from?!

if you have an old tank (Tanks and Drums of Bradford) in my case, then they probably aren't made any more. In fact, tanks and drums of bradford has ceased trading i believe. not many places i've looked will sell just a lid. even when they do they aren't the size i'm after.

my tank, from what remains of the label on the side is a tanks and drums wizard pc 50. i'm assuming that means 50 gallon. it is very similar to the one described in this post //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=79689.

i'm not too keen on the idea of bodging my own, given the number of posts where people have found the rotting remains of a lid, usually in the water!

so, any advice?

Sponsored Links
measure it carefully, then browse the lids that are available, see if you can get one the same shape but unless a good fit, slightly larger.

It will be made of plastic so will not rot, if it is too big it cannot fall in.

You might find a plastic dustbin lid (new, or throughly cleaned) will do

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back