Sealing hot water tank lid to tank?

My nose is running, but I think I'll just seal up my nostrils.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Kev, I've emailed Elson and await their advice.

namsag, the aluminium lid you refer to was missing but I've managed to get my neighbours old one and fitted it. There is still a slight gap - it does not cover my feeder tank completely. I'll check later today to see if that's done the trick.

Softus:
My nose is running, but I think I'll just seal up my nostrils.
One hour after the OP clearly stated, here, that he had read the words, ""ELSON INDIRECT DOUBLE FEED HOT WATER TANK" you decided to lambast him. And then you come up with the above sarcasm about a running nose. READ THE F##KING QUESTION !

Namsag, the OP does not have a problem with his tank overheating or filling with hot water. His only problem is that the top of the water tank is exposed (the original lid is missing) and is now creating condensation in his loft; nothing more than that.

One hour after the OP clearly stated, here, that he had read the words, ""ELSON INDIRECT DOUBLE FEED HOT WATER TANK" you decided to lambast him.
I made no such decision.

And then you come up with the above sarcasm about a running nose.
No, that was satire.

READ THE F##KING QUESTION !
I must have missed the question about f**king. Where was that?

Sponsored Links
Kevnurse the aluminium lids for these are usually for the cold feed part of them ,why would cold water be giving off condensation into a loft ??

And as the tank has been in his loft for years if it had constantly been giving off condensation because it didnt have a lid there is a good chance the timbers would be rotten as would the felt and all the lagging in the loft

namsag, fitting the cold feed lid looks to have solved the problem - the insulation is now dry.

I don't know if the tank was or was not causing the condensation in the loft before adding the cold feed lid/enclosing the wbp ply lid/insulating the tank, but it must have been losing a hell of a lot of heat. I'd imagine the boiler will be doing a lot less work now?

kittens.jpg

31_02_1---Buckingham-Palace--London--United-Kingdom_web.jpg

sunset_sailing.jpg

Namsag,
Having seen the line drawings on the Elson site, it appears that the hot water tank will naturally warm up the water in the cold tank above it, thus causing some evaporation from the cold/luke warm water tank if the lid is missing. Anyway, the OP has solved his problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back