Water too hot from My shower please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Water too hot from My shower please help
hi and thanks in advance for any help you can provide .

i have recently done my whole bathroom and i have been faced with a small but annoying problem .

i had an old shower in my bathroom and everything seemed fine got it changed with a bathtub having taps which is connected to the shower and now the problem i am getting is that hot water is too hot when i turn the hot water tap slightly water gets too hot .

when i have both hot and cold water open the pressure is maximum but water is just too hot , although the taps for the bath water is perfectly fine .

i have a combi boiler worcester junior 24i

please help cant seem to understand the problem as water in all the other taps is perfect and bear in mind that my cold water tank is at a good height and previous shower had no problems.

thanking you

Sponsored Links
...i have a combi boiler worcester junior 24i .....my cold water tank is at a good height ...
so it would appear. The high-pressure hot from the combi is overwhelming the low-pressure cold from the tank.

you need to run a cold pipe at mains pressure. You might be able to take it from the mains supply pipe that goes upwards into the loft. You can then dispense with the cold tank.

Hi can u please clarify, do u mean i need to have a new cold pipe to the shower. Is there a lot of work required in it or is it something simple, can i increase the pressure by a pump or something in loft. Thanks for a prompt reply. Do u think if i can reduce hot water pressure by anyway to the shower. Thanks again for a prompt reply

Sponsored Links
you need a new cold supply to the shower at mains pressure. You will probably be able to re-use some of the pipe already in position.

It may be possible to do all the work at the tank by removing it and connecting the cold cistern feed pipe (mains pressure) to the outlet of the tank which feeds the cold tap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back