Water too hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We are having exactly the same problem, started on just the hot water now seems to be doing it all the time on hw and heating. it seems that the water is getting too hot, the rads become very hot even with temp turned right down same with hot water. any ideas what i could try ( i am an electrician so happy to play with electrical side of boiler )

Sponsored Links
So you haven't any motorised valves, cylinder stat and just rely on boiler thermostat yes?.
What make of boiler do you have?.

Sponsored Links
I have now replaced the automatic bleed valve and the two thermistors (hot water and heating thermistors). Both heating and hot water are still getting too hot and then ignition lockout operating.
Any feedback would be appreciated me and my family are now fed up of been cold and dirty.

Sorted it woo hoo

it was a problem with the driver pcb.

To help others

boiler is a halstead quattro

problem was ignition lockout tripping

first found that auto bleed valve wasn't working. replaced valve still faulty

replaced the two thermistors

the fault finding chart on the manual (downloaded from halstead) then suggested changing the driver pcb tried this it now works

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back