Hot Water Scalding Hot - Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have had a look through past articles - and not sure I have found the same situation;

I have a combi Boiler for the Hot Water & Central Heating. I believe there is some sort of reservoir tank in the boiler too, and this means that there is instant hot water.

Recently, the hot water has got so hot that it is scalding hot, far to hot to immerse hands, or anything else.

There are two dials on the front of the boiler, one for the CH and one for the HW, and these have a scale of 1 - 10. The hot water was at 7, but I have turned this down to 4, but it has made no difference. The water is exactly as before, very very hot.

Can anyone recommend a course of action? It is potentially dangerous - particularly to anyone unaware.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
All those details, but no mention of the make or model, other than "I have a combi boiler".

Sponsored Links
The max temp of the stored water should be 65 deg C with the water stat on max. If this is being exceeded then there is little you can do other than turning it down further. You will need to call a pro in to do a permanent repair. Not really a diy boiler.

in the meantime before I get it looked at by a suitable engineer, is there any immediate risk of further damage while this is ongoing?

in the meantime before I get it looked at by a suitable engineer, is there any immediate risk of further damage while this is ongoing?

You could have a poke around inside and pretend to know what your doing, as do most of the diyers that post on here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back