Scalding Hot Water

BF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a problem with my CH so have the immersion switched on to heat the water.

Since doing so my hot water is absolutely scalding even though the temperature according to the setting is 45C.

Does this sound right at 45C or could the thermometer or whatever it is be faulty?

When the CH is working the water is hot much not dangerously so.

Sponsored Links
Likely the thermostat on immersion is faulty. I would recommend you dont use the immersion until this is fixed. New stats can be bought seperately, you dont need a complete new immersion.

Please be aware, immersions can boil the cylinder contents if the stat is faulty. There was a fatality in recent years when an immersion boiled the cylinder contents, which in turn heated the cold storage tank in the loft above. Eventually this became so hot, it collapsed, showering a baby asleep below with scalding water.

N.B. Hot water should be heated to 60C to kill off any possible Legionella bacteria, 45C is too low.

Thanks for your reply.

It must be faulty as this water is burning if just slightly touched. I`ll get it checked out and turn off as advised.

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back