Blazing Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Setup is. : Vailant ecotect plus 630 / Tempest water tank / codice 542794 thermostat

The hot water has gone from hot to blazing. Ie too hot even for rubber washing up gloves.

From what I can determine the water temp is set by the thermostat which is attached to the water tank - codice, is that correct?. The Boiler has no hot water temp setting, only heating.

It was set to 45 - which it has been for a few years. I turned it down to the min, 25 this morning and this evening the hot water is still too hot. The timer is set to about an hour in the am and an hour in the pm at the moment.

This evening I turned the system off, pressed the thermostat reset button for 10s. Too early to tell if its made any difference.

Is the water temp linked to that thermostat?

Paul

Attachments

• IMG_3695.jpeg
    IMG_3695.jpeg
    232.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3694.jpeg
    IMG_3694.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 64
Sponsored Links
Is your boiler at work during periods that the timer is in an OFF period ( hot water off) ?

Has someone inadvertently turned the immersion heater on?

Sponsored Links
Now you have pointed that out I vaguely recall the engineer mentioning something about the boiler had been always running and he tweaked a setting when I took out insurance. 12-18M ago.

Thanks for your help. I’ll call them out.

As @CBW correctly says more likely that it has an immersion heater and that has been turned on and is faulty, if your boiler is set at 45 degrees the the HW can not be higher than that

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
As @CBW correctly says more likely that it has an immersion heater and that has been turned on and is faulty, if your boiler is set at 45 degrees the the HW can not be higher than that
There is an immersion but it’s certainly off at the wall switch.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Fixed (temporarily). This switch wasn’t functioning properly. Had no resistance.

Switched the system off, gentle tap with a screwdriver, power on and it’s working.

I guess it needs replacing at some point.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Attachments

• IMG_3699.jpeg
    IMG_3699.jpeg
    282.1 KB · Views: 37
Fixed (temporarily). This switch wasn’t functioning properly. Had no resistance.

Switched the system off, gentle tap with a screwdriver, power on and it’s working.

I guess it needs replacing at some point.

Thanks for the help and advice.
That's a 2 port motorised valve and the actuator (powerhead) contains the switch so probably just a new head required

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back