Water under vinyl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning guys. Water has got under vinyl which is on top of a concrete floor There was a big leak on toilet. Will i need to remove everything & lift vinyl & let it dry out or do you reckon it will evaporate . I suppose im concerned about it smelling or mildew. Cheers

Sponsored Links
Was it fresh water (from cistern) or foul water (from waste pipe)?
If fresh, you'll probably get away with lifting corner (s) of the vinyl and leave the window open in this weather.
If foul (or the damp smell persists) then yes empty the room, lift the vinyl, scrub the concrete (dilute bleach), wash the underside of the vinyl.

Was it fresh water (from cistern) or foul water (from waste pipe)?
If fresh, you'll probably get away with lifting corner (s) of the vinyl and leave the window open in this weather.
If foul (or the damp smell persists) then yes empty the room, lift the vinyl, scrub the concrete (dilute bleach), wash the underside of the vinyl.
It wasn't foul water but i have decided to lift it all out & let it dry. Glad i did, it's not a big area but 80% of floor was wet. Cheers for replying oldbutnotdead

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back