water water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, This is a bit embarrassing but can someone please tell me how to cut off water supply to shower so that I can fit new seal-control temperature nob sticking.
Have turned off supply from mains and from tank in attic also two gate valves in hot press. hot water still running in hand basin beside shower .
Water from shower also -which is cold? Shower is electric.
Have flooded bathroom once removed cover thingy and whoosh!!
Panic and consternation managed to get thingy back on with help of son.
wife not pleased muttering about divorce. please help.
(New Team 1000)
:(

Sponsored Links
Your shower is fed ny the cold water main. Turn off the main stopcock to the house and turn the cold tap in your kitchen on - if the flow has stopped there will be no drama or divorce. ;)

Hi there
Thanks beerlover for you help however you don't know my shower!
cold Taps in kitchen and bathroom dry but shower keeps pouring on like a mighty flood. can hear now as i type. thanks.

The newteam 1000 is tank fed hot and cold water, you need to find the hot supply from the cylinder and the cold from the tank which is feeding the shower, there should be isolating valves (but not always) on the feeds to your shower.

Sponsored Links
hi folks thank you all for your replies to my problem. unfortunately idon't seem to be having any further success. here's what i've done.

closed off entry point-to house- stopcock.
turned off 2 gate valves in attic, main and overflow tanks.
closed 3 gate valves from hot water cistern.

result; no cold water in any taps, still some water -not much- coming from hot taps, may eventually stop?.

But water still flowing from shower! :eek: :confused:
So, like they say in those messages when one of your emails fails to go,
have given up,not going to try anymore.
well maybe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back