waterproof cut tile help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi , wondering if any roofer can help me please .. basicly best way to waterproof a cut tile due to a solar hook being fitted to spar ,but kicks up tile ..cant grind down tile has to be cut from bottom up to latt I think
( for the drop of the hook)
.. for the tile tile to sit proper ..only thing is ..tring to keep watertight where its been cut thinking lead somehow ..many thanks ..hope you can understand lol

Sponsored Links
sort of understand - use flashband and it's primer on the tile first - can't look any worse than the panels on the roof ;) . I could do lead but have used the band before - just cut it neatly and overlap as many bits as yo need to - remember it won't bend like lead.

thanks for reply . im just learning and trying to forecast ahead of myself lol . I have grinded out the bottom of certain tiles no probs before .. and they are fine ..just I assume some tiles are thicker than others .. so may have a few probs with thinner ones ..and I thought maybe if have to cut the tile that maybe there was some sort of lead that could be nailed to the latt that holds the tile then come down and it would sit over the hook and under the tiles left and right ...to keep waterproof ..thanks .. or would it be better to flashband over the tile with the primer and flash then flattern thanks

Sponsored Links
I see a bit more now ;) yes you could use a piece of lead but the problem will be getting a piece without buying a roll- they used to sell it by weight+ cutting charge . But you might find a suitable piece in a metal recycling yard . I'm guessing small roof tiles and the hook protruding a small amount. PS not a roofer , an old skool plumber/leadworker ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back