Waterproofing a solid block parapet wall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I was hoping someone could help please. I have a solid block parapet wall on the roof of my garage. On one side it runs down to a drainage channel that is part of a GRP roof. It is capped with black granite slabs overhang by c.25mm each side and they are polymer sealed between them. It is rendered all round and painted with sandtex and has a good drip trim over the GRP channel.
My problem is that the wall inside the garage below is very damp and this has affected the plasterboard ceiling badly. There is no apparent ingress or leakage point anywhere. Any suggestions would be most welcome, especially since I have a similar parapet on my parents house pre- render and id like to avoid this issue from the word go. Advice on proven waterproofing products (render, coatings, wall capping) would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi. Was this reply meant for me? If so, not sure I get your drift. Cheers

OP,
you gave a pretty good general description of things but it would help if you posted pics of every relevant thing inside & outside the garage.
How long has this been noticeable in the garage?
Any puddles on the floor?
When was either of the roofs last worked on?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back