Waterproof render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old Victorian house that has a room built on the back corner this was originally open at ground level like a large shelter perhaps a posh way of going to the outside toilet without gettnig wet. The upstairs was a room (it's a strange sort of add on only me and my neighbour have one!)
They have built a double brick side wall without a cavity with some bricks laid as strechers and capped it off with a fancy cement topper. The back wall is single skin.

I've taken the old plastic roof off and the capping and put on a lovely new roof I've repaired the single skin with blocks as it was falling down, I've added a new window in the single skin wall and going to build a stud 2nd wall with 100m Celetex insulation.

The problem is the side wall I've spent several days taking off the old plaster it was a very strong mix I'm guessing to waterproof the wall. This has taken the face off some of the bricks.

How can I seal this wall it has no damp proof and no cavity?

i was planning to K-rend the outside at the end of the job but it's the inside. the room was useless before too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter.

i thought waterproof render the inside and then 1st fix wiring then maybe batton the wall (to create a cavity) and then 25mm insulated plasterboard to finish with drylining.

Any ideas?

JH

Sponsored Links
If the wall you removed the plaster from is dry, i would batten, insulate, vapour barrier, p/board and skim.
If it has been getting damp look at waterproofing from the outside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back