Waterproofing concrete steps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have concrete steps that go over a coal bunker that I am hoping to convert into a store room. The problem is that when it rains the water drips though the steps, either through the concrete or the bricks that are used to give the steps their height. I was hoping to be able to waterproof the steps.

My neighbour has a material on his that is light grey in colour that covers the steps and I have seen the same material used when a balcony is above the bay window. It seems to be waterproof and you can walk on it, both very important to me. Does anyone know what this is or if there is anything else I can use?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Here one of them. You maybe able to seal it with primer and use exterior floor paint instead but without seeing it I can't say.

Thanks. The link is certainly the sort of thing I am looking for. The steps are a bit pitted so I was hoping to use something that would also easily fill the small dents so unless you tell me otherwise I don't think the use of primer and exterior floor paint would work. If I was to fill in all the small dents, would the primer actually make it fully waterproof?

Sponsored Links
A good quality concrete paint should make it waterproof depending on the design of the steps, any chance of a photo?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back