Waterproofing on flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

This is my second thread and I apologise if its a bit of a newbie question.

I recently painted the concrete flat roof for the outhouse (now joined to the main house) with B&Q flat roof waterproofer because if it rained heavily then the ceiling inside was getting damp. This has worked perfectly and the inside of the ceiling is now bone dry.

However (and the point of my post) it rained about an hour after I finished painting it on (typically) and there is now a black ring on the floor around the outside of the outhouse. One side is to grass so I can simply cut the grass to remove it, whilst the other 2 sides are to flags which have now gone a lovely shade of oily black.

How can I remove this from the flags? Am I right in thinking that as its oil based I can use white spirit and some elbow grease to remove it? It needs to come off because I am in the process of selling the house (hence the work being done). Also it has run down onto the PVC window frame of the window in the outhouse. Will white spirit be ok on this or do I need to use something else?

Oddly it washed off me with washing up liquid and warm water and a good scrub but it doesn't want to shift from the flags this way.

Please feel free to move this post to the correct forum if it is in the wrong place.

Thanks for any advice that you can offer me.

James

Sponsored Links
Thanks Joe..

I thought that I'd give the white spirit a go. Worked a treat with a bit of elbow grease.

James

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back