WB 24i Junior losing pressure...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

I've got a WB 24I Junior that seems to be losing around 0.5bar of pressure per week. I've checked the system and can see no signs of visible leaks so I assume I need to replace perhaps a PRV in the boiler or something?

All advice welcome... :)

Sponsored Links
A more primitive (and cheaper) test if you want to try this beofre you splash out on a PRV is to tie tissue just underneath both valves on all radiators, its worth eliminating this as a problem first as the valves may be weeping.

Next if you suspect the PRV is letting by (dumping water form your system) through the blow off pipe, can you see where the pipe discharges too, keep and eye on it, to see whether the water is actaully coming from this pipe peridically, if it isn't at all, the leak could be in the pipe work (underfloorboards, etc).

If you still can't find the leak at this point I would be looking towards the boiler itself being checked.

Hope this helps.

A more primitive (and cheaper) test if you want to try this beofre you splash out on a PRV is to tie tissue just underneath both valves on all radiators, its worth eliminating this as a problem first as the valves may be weeping.

Next if you suspect the PRV is letting by (dumping water form your system) through the blow off pipe, can you see where the pipe discharges too, keep and eye on it, to see whether the water is actaully coming from this pipe peridically, if it isn't at all, the leak could be in the pipe work (underfloorboards, etc).

If you still can't find the leak at this point I would be looking towards the boiler itself being checked.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. I'll run round tomorrow and attach tissue paper to the rads to see if I can find it. Perhaps I'll put something under the PRV to catch the output (assuming there is any...).

If its not leaking nor outputting thru the PRV what else could it be?

Just as ive said mate under the floorboards, if its not the valves, rads, or PRV.

Sponsored Links
I'd check the expansion vessel, over the top of the boiler there is a round red expansion vessel. On it there is a valve that looks like a car tyre valve, take the dust cap off and try and let some air out. Just a little bit. It should be air if there is water in it you need a new expansion vessel.

If you want to check the blow off valve I sometimes tape a freezer bag over the end of it and check it after a couple of days. it lets you see if any water has gone in to the bag but obviously if the prv is "activated" it isn't strong enough to stop the water getting out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back