WB greenstar digistat won't turn off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone please tell me why I'm having to remove the batteries at night as the heating won't turn off. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Possibly a stuck relay inside the stat, in which case a new stat will be needed

Thanks taking the time to reply. Is there any way to check that before paying out for a new stat?

Well, if the unit has a "call for heat" indicator on its display and this is illuminated/present when you insert the batteries, no matter how you manipulate the controls, that's a fairly conclusive test that it's shot.

Sponsored Links
Tried new batteries. When I put them in yesterday morning the boiler went on even though the temp dial was at 5! Do I need to order just the transmitter or receiver as well? Thanks for all the advice.

Do I need to order the receiver as well as the transmitter? Screwfix sell both together but if I just need the transmitter then I’ll have to order it online.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back