WC pan and soil stack connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before I fit my new toilet I was reviewing the situation and have seen a few problems which I'm not sure how to overcome.
1. The WC has a close coupled cistern ,both fit tight onto the wall but there is a space of about 110mm for the soil pipe to pass at the back of the toilet but it will be tight against the wall. The end of the spigot is 140mm from the wall.
Q. Will a normal pan connector push deep enough onto the spigot to achieve a good seal.

2. The soil stack 'T' connection entry point is 230mm to the right of the centre of the pan spigot and is 40mm away from the wall. Without removing myexistingg toilet Idon'tt know if the 'T' willrotate towardss the wall, I suspect the top of the 'T' is an o ring sleeve and bottom is solvent weld.
Q. Is there any fancy pipe which willoffsett by 40mm, I can see there is a 40mm pan offset adapter but Idon'tt think this is suitable.
Q. If I manage to squeeze standard elbow onto the spigot and soil stack do you think the seals will stand the test of time?

I could do without cutting the soil stack because I'm sure I have read somewhere building controls will need to get involved.

In Anticipation
Brad

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about one fo these but I'm not sure if they are ok to use on the horizontal of if they are meant for vertical P to S bend conversions. Plus I dont think it will allow for the 40mm horizontal offset
I've attcahed a fag packet sketch, not exactly autocad but I hope the point is illustrated a little better.
I've calculated that the angle between the soil pipe 'T' which I now realise is a swept 'T', and the pan will be about 10 degrees
GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
Ok I've been thinking about this. Can I push a 40mm offset connector into the swept 'T', turn it so the pipe will touch the wall, then use a standard connector from the toilet to the offset bend?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back