Wc pan to soil stack connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Installing a new toilet that is about 2-3" forward of the one previously

My question is with regards to the waste connection.

There's is a small run to the soil stack which is the push fit type with ring seal in. Will this flexible connector fit...
http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/4-110mm-plain-end-outlet-flexible-wc-connector-long-length.html

As the the end seems to be a pipe rather than all the others I have seen with fins.

Or, would it be better to add some kind of extension to the old soil pipe. It is joined by solvent so can I fit a straight section to the old pan connector to reach the spigot?

Can add photos if my post is too confusing

Sponsored Links
So just so I'm clear,
The finned type fit inside another standard soil pipe
And my linked one fits into my soil stack with o ring?

Probably use that then

Can a pan connector be increased in length or is it strictly just for going on the spigot of a wc pan ( can I put a straight extension in the old pan connector?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Thanks,
Final question, are these flex connectors ok to use. I have heard they can block easily and as I'm boxing in the cistern and pipe it will be hard to access in the future
Cheers

A lot of plumbers dont like them, and I've know of one incident where the finned end (used to go into a floor connection on a ground floor WC), 'popped out' the floor when the drain blocked. The pan filled when flushed, the pressure displacing the connector, flooding the room.... :eek: (Replaced it with the 90deg rigid version, and refitted the pan after unblocking the drain, no further problems to my knowledge.)

Rigid connection may be better if possible, but in terms of sediment build up, McAlpine claim German tests prove the product fit for purpose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back