WC pan replacement but which?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Experiences please people :)

Customer has 1st floor wc that keeps blocking in the pan.
Very shallow bowl (with shelf/low slope) then usual small, modern throat.

She has insurance for blockages and after coming out 3 times, they're making noises about no more visits because a bent flexi is causing the problem... Hmmmn! It comes off the back of the pan and straight into the wall to outside cast soil about 18" away. Without ripping it all out, I can't see that as the issue but won't know until I can see.

So, first approach is new pan as she thinks it's the small outlet, but they're all like that these days but some are better than others and I don't have a product that I could recommend off the cuff.

I also don't want to choose one and find issues still exists. I have said try that first but if it needs to be rigid piped, it'll be a big extensive job (soil stack replacement and all that jazz).

Any input gratefully received.

Dean.

Sponsored Links
Maybe I'll just buy her one of these...

TC09-Judge-Egg-Beater.jpg

How big are her turds?

I bet there’s a seal out of the pan connector blocking it. Otherwise avoid anything from Better Bathrooms.

I have found in the past with repeat blockages in toilets is due to a child's toy or toilet rim refresher being stuck in the flexi. A quick pump with a drain rod unblocks the toilet but the problem is still stuck and will cause an issue when too much paper is being used and getting caught again on the obstetrical.

Take the toilet out and look down the flexi. Then quote from there.

Andy

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back