Replacing WC Pan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently working on renovating the whole of my bathroom and have been on the job for 2 weeks.

Today I have received the WC Pan and Cistern. Problem I have is that prior to buying the Pan I knew I would have an issue trying to get the Pan level with the Soil pipe. I've had a look at different Pan connectors and picked up a 14 degree connector as the soil pipe is at an angle. The issue here is that I need a connector that is more than 14 degrees (as the soil pipe looks more on the 45 degree side) and has an offset as there is a difference of 1inch and half between the pan output and the cast iron soil pipe. The pan output being an inch and half lower than the soil.

The current Pan has the outlet pointing upwards vertically and has a 90 degree type pan connector attached. The pan is fixed to a concrete floor on a mount of cement to give the extra height so that it can be level with the soil pipe.

I'm not sure if a flexible pan connector will go deep into the cast iron soil pipe. If so then I hope I can resolve it this way however the flex pan connector can go from 23 to 58cm long so not 100% sure if this will do the trick as I also only have about 4inches space behind the new pan outlet. The colar of the soil pipe is 6inches wide (150mm) and can't tell if the actual soil pipe is 110mm for the pan connector to fit.

I'd like to find out what people would recommend me do. I am going to tile the floor first but that would only give a cm. Should I place some cement to give the extra height if the flex pan connector doesn't do the trick and how would I do this for the pan to sit on top the cement whilst it's drying?

Please help!

Thanks

Pedge

Sponsored Links
It's a bit of a minefield these pan connectors. You need to visit as many suppliers as you can. When I was looking I recall seeing one that had a spherical joint in the centre so the pipe could have any angle between 90 degrees and straight, another one was completely flexible.
One problem I came across was the lack of space between pan and wall I could not have the cistern directly on the wall, so I had to fit a wooden batten.
I don't think I would use cement to raise the pan as there is no room for adjustment. I think I would use wood to create a raised plinth, this would be easier to adjust for height, also you could choose to have it whatever shape and size you desire. I also think it depresses the wood slightly and spreads the load and you also have something to put your screws into.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back