WC Pan Swan Connecter With 40mm Waste????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, new to the forum, and to waste pipe plumbing, need some help.
My workshop toilet has been leaking for years.....cracked cistern, so I thought it was time to change it. I bought a £50 Wickes toilet to go got it home and lined it up with the old waste pipe and realised the cistern was quite some way from the wall. The waste outlet is in the floor, in the old set up it looks as though the wash-hand basin waste pipe is glued/bonded to the WC waste.

Now my problem is, to fit the toilet closer to the wall I need a 90 swan connector, of which I can't buy one with a 40mm waste outlet. I bought a boss thinking a WC pipe was the same size as a stack.....how wrong am I! Can I cut off the boss ring and solvent them together? kinda like this:

Any help would be fantastic!

Tris

Sponsored Links
Well Spunky, if I were you I'd build a small bulkhead at the back of the WC & fit a standard WC connector with a boss attached.

hmmm yeah could do, with normal 90 it would be about 4 1/2" to 5" off the wall, assume I just need something behind the cistern inline with the two holes to attach to the wall

No, just make a wooden frame, sheet it & fix your new CC WC to that bulkhead. Much better finish, hide pipes & it'll cover some of your awful looking walls!!

Sponsored Links
One question Spunky; why is the bog roll still hanging there?? Is the clue in your name??............. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ha ha very funny...was hoping to replace the loo sooner so thought I would leave it there..walls are crap I did mention this is a workshop ;)
Some one thought it would be good to artex the walls....good idea though boxing it in

If you have the space, just frame out the whole back wall. Kills two birds then eh....Spunky!!!............. :LOL: :LOL:

Mr Delta......I must say you were right....I say that with the greatest respect that I didn't follow your advice.....not because I thought it was wrong, but because I thought.....f^&k it I don't need a sink anyway, so I'll use the Swan get it closer to the wall, job done.

It seems I can't use a swan, for once you have the base of the pan close to the waste pipe, there isn't enough overhang for it to fit! So damn.....normal 90 and box in it is! ;).....I simple Cable Jointer & Mechanic I maybe....a plumber in the making I maybe not!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back