Terminating 40mm waste pipe into WC pan connector? :?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this for me. A ground floor commercial premises requires a sink for tea and coffee making. The simplest and most cost effective method is to terminate the 40mm waste pipe into the WC pan connector. I have seen a pan connector with 40mm boss. Along with an antivac p trap is this acceptable plumbing practice? The alternative is to run 40mm waste pipe for several metres inside the premises. Is this the better option?

To give you an idea of the layout I have uploaded a VERY simple drawing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. I thought it would be OK, I've just finished my plumbing course and don't trust my judgement just yet. Cheers for your help.

Sponsored Links
You can get bent pan connectors with a waste inlet on them, but I've only ever seen them in 32mm.

Good luck with your career, and you'll need to learn who takes care on here to be helpful, and who are prats.

What a refreshing change someone not afraid to ask question well done my friend you did the right thing also if you're woried about the regs there is
A handbook from wras with all diagrams in it to keep you out of trouble I always carry mine good luck for the future.

Thanks for the reply. I thought it would be OK, I've just finished my plumbing course

Quick laddie. Make yourself scarce. I think I can hear Delta T (AKA Dick Puller) coming.

He's the bull, and you've just waived the red rag! :LOL:

Stand your ground. And, welcome to the mad world of plumbing. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back