bidet waste pipe 32 or 40mm? someone help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

As title says, I was going to connect my bidet with a 32mm trap and 32mm pipe which connects to a 32mm pipe boss on the pan connector.

Is this a sound plan?

I was thinking as its Bidet waste maybe use 40mm? But then again do you get boss pan connectors that are 40mm?

Someone advise please,

Thanks,

Wil

Sponsored Links
Treated as a washbasin sink - 32mm, but not to the pan connector since this is likely to induce a loss in trap seal of the bidet.

Treated as a washbasin sink - 32mm, but not to the pan connector since this is likely to induce a loss in trap seal of the bidet.

hi, thanks, what does a that mean exactly?

should I try to connect directly to the soil pipe further down the pipe?

When you flush the toilet, the exchange/rush of water through the pan connector will cause a vacuum to be formed which will suck air from your proposed 32mm waste pipe, which may pull water from the bidet trap. Hey presto, ponginess all round.

Ideally, you should boss onto the stack outside, but if this is not possible then you need to install an air admittance valve somewhere along the 32mm pipe (I think this has to be within 30mm of the trap, but someone on here will no doubt correct me if I'm in error). These are not expensive and can be installed in-line and not be obtrusive. Not sure what space is available for the trap for the bidet as it may come with one as part of the kit, but you may be able to get one which has the admittance valve inbuilt into it.

Sponsored Links
I see, thanks alot i'll look into that.
But 32mm is big another for bidet waste then?

Cheers,
Wil

Oh, one more thing, I take it the air admittance valve has to be between pan connector and bidet?

i was going to extend pipe past bidet for a rod eye access, could I put it there?

Thanks!

Sorry - I forgot to reinforce your point that you should boss into the pipe further along the run. The admittance valve goes on this run of 32mm pipe if you can't fond a replacement trap with the AAV integral to it.

In any case, not sure you could get a boss strap for a pan connector, nor whether the adhesive used would work on the type of plastic.

can you post a link to where I can find this please? I can't find it anywhere?

then can I just attach to that pan connector I posted link to above?

thanks

HUNB032V.jpg

cheers mate i should b able to find that..

just confirm pls, that ok for bidet and to connect to this pan connector:

prod-images%5Clarge%5CMTK302.jpg

thanks!

Looks like it - must admit never seen one. Then again, never looked for one. :!: How high up is the waste from the bidet? You sure you're not going to have the 32mm pipe running uphill to the pan connector boss, cos those fittings look like they need to be installed with the boss at the top?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back