Washing machine standpipe into 40mm boss on pan connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a downstairs toilet with a pan connector that has a 40mm boss connector on the top http://www.multikwik.com/product/39/130/90�-bend-incl-40mm-compresion-bos.html. The pan connector goes directly into the floor and then, I think, onto a sewage pipe. I don't believe this goes via my main stack.

I wish to connect a washing machine standpipe to the 40mm boss. I understand that I need a P trap and have looked up all the requirements for drops and distances but I was unsure as to whether I needed some form of vent between the trap and the boss?

Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
No need for a vent, especially if you are using a WM stand pipe with the pipe inserted into the top.

Sponsored Links
Fantastic. Thanks for the quick replies! It is definitely 40mm, made sure of that when getting the pan connector!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back