WC Pan water level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been looking for an answer to this for awhile and seem unable to find an answer, if anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.

Basically the water level in the pan on my toilet has dropped by maybe an inch since I originally moved into the house some 6 years ago, when you flush the pan will fill up to where the water level used to be, and obviously should be by the pans design, then the water will slowly lower until it is maybe an inch lower than this then stop.

What we are concerned about is there is a leak somewhere or something.

Anyone have any advice please?

Sponsored Links
the water in the pan should be level with the lowest point of the outlet pipe at the back. you can check this by placing a spirit level true across the pan, front to back. use a tape measure to compare.

Could there be anything trapped in the trap, so to speak, that could be working like a wick. That could slowly draw the water level down.
Time for a mirror on a stick to have a look round the bend?

Is there a vent stack or air admittance valve, and is that clear/working?

Could also be a partial blockage downstream somewhere drawing the trap as the flush flows past it

Sponsored Links
sounds like a partial blockage. Lift that manhole and have a look

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back