WC sink with no outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya - recently bought a house but didnt realise that the WC sink wasnt connected to anything - the previous people had a washer & dryer in the same room so we (stupidly) though all was ok.

anyway - loo is plumbed in fine - needs a new cistern which we have but all is ok but it looks like it goes straight to a mains waster pipe...

but there is a sink but the waster goes no where - currently into a bucket if we turn on the tap...

we've been told we can get a 'thing' for the toliet that has like a t junction so we can plumb the sink waste into it?

a) is that true?
b) whats the thing called?

also we want to put a washing machine int he same room - there is a hot/cold water pipes & connectors to the area but no outlet pipe etc we can see - can we add it to the sink waste pipes...

help - i need to sort this as wife wants dishwasher in kitchen where washing machine currently is as missus is pregnant and need it.

any help advice much appreciated.
thanks

Ian

Sponsored Links
Hi,

You can use a t-piece with a inch and quarter entry.simply push the t piece in place and connect waste from sink to it.

cool....can i then add the washing machine waster into that aswell... sorry being a bit dense here really...

12718.gif

you mean one of these :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
no idea - currently my sink had the bit that has the plug and then nothing...

so i need some way of connecting my sink waste to my toilet waste along with having my washing mahcine waste going intot he toilet waste too

Are you familiar enough with wc bits to understand kev's drawing - no reason why you should be. Rotate the picture left 90º, then the small nut bit is where the drains from other things can go, see?

The previous washer must have had a drain somewhere. Could it be they used a 3/4" hose through to another room? Perhaps they put a hose down the loo..?

Was "washbasin" on the description of the house? If so you have a right to be miffed. Can you contact the previous owner?

thanks - it was late last night when i posted :) i understand the drawing now...

there is a manhole sewer thingy in the same room and the previous before last owners had a shower there but us (and 2 builders) are at a loss to how the thing worked...

we have been in touch with previous owners and such like and all they said was they stuck a tube downt he loo.. they didnt actually have to have a working sink or anything as legally only the main bathroom has to work...

thanks for the advice :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back