Weather brush strip for sash window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got 4 sash windows in the upper bay and since the front needs a redec I'd like to improve the sashes insulation.

Found dozens of brush strip and brush parting bead suppliers, I'd just like some "I've done that" type comments on methods, pitfalls and generally stuff to watch out for.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The most efficient are installed at manufacture stage as you don't have access to retro fit. But you can add to old windows, problems occur because many are self adhesive and old paint/dirt will prevent good adhesion.
Even fitted to new windows sashes the windows can be draughty. My offices used to have 40-50 windows of this type all fitted brand new [hardwood] and you could still post a letter thru the gaps.

I'll be doing a full refurb of the sashes, all will be removed, new cords, new pulleys.

While they are out I'll be routing the top, bottom and mid section overlap to take the brush carriers and brushes.

Then fit the vertical parting beads..

The sort of info I was after was brush size and how tight Incan have the windows via the various brush sizes available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back