Weather compenstation and Honeywell CM zone wireless TRVs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
following useful comments about 'TRVs on all radiators', I'm hoping people might be able to help me with controls choices. btw i think this website is brilliant - if only I'd found it a few month ago when I was trying to make decisions earlier....

Wanting to try 2 things:

1. Weather compensatiion controls for heating system

2. Using the Honeywell CM zone wireless controls for 2 zones within the house.

The project is a susbstantial renovation of a Georgian terraced house (my Mum's house). I have an engineering design background, but have no experience with houses or installation. Very interested in energy conservation.

Re: Weather compensation. Am thinking of using Alpha flow smart package for boiler, but this does not come with weather compensation controls option. However, if I use the Honeywell CM zone system, there is a weather compensation option.

My question is whether or not the honeywell cm zone controls will be compatiable with the Alpha. Would on normally expect such controls to be compatible with any boiler?

Re: CM zone controls. I'm thinking of having 2 zones of the house served by teh CM system. (1) the rooms which are very rarely occupied unless where are guests as my Mum lives alone, (2) the kitchen area which has underfloor heating, plus 1 radiator for top-up.

Does any one have any experience with the CM zone system? Does my approch sound sensible?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
CM zone system is great, imho.
Weather compensation is a mess, imho. If you've ever been educated on Control Theory, and you look at what some of the boiler manufacturers are telling you, you see it's a joke. If anyone has a well implemented system though , I 'd expect Honeywell would. Alpha - dunno.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back